VIRTUAL BOARD MEETINGS
The Adelanto Elementary School District is committed to public input and participation in school board meetings in a manner that is consistent with guidance provided by our county public health officials. Given the current orders in San Bernardino County, AESD is making available remote, online participation in order to promote the safety and health of our community. We will not have in-person public participation during this period due to the health and safety risks it poses. You can call into the meeting to provide public comment via Zoom. You can join the Zoom Meeting from a computer, mobile device, or tablet. The Zoom meeting information will be posted bellow and provided on the district's website for every board meeting agenda, as long as needed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
REGULAR BOARD (VIRTUAL) MEETING - BOARD OF TRUSTEES
ONLINE ONLY DUE TO COVID-19 ORDER- VIA ZOOM
PUBLIC MEETING ACCESS
Public Access to Attend Meeting:
- To observe the meeting by video conference, please click the LINK at the noticed meeting Agenda. The LINK or URL will be different for each School Board Meeting and will be embedded in the Agenda Notice. Instructions on how to join a meeting by video conference is available at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193 -Joining-a-Meeting.
- To listen to the meeting by phone, please call at the noticed meeting time, phone number XXX-X-XXXX, then enter Webinar ID XXX-XXX-XXX. Each of these numbers will be embedded in the Noticed agenda, then press “#”. If asked for a participant id or code, press #. Instructions on how to join a meeting by phone are available at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362663 -Joining-a-meeting-by-phone.
- *Requests for Assistance in Order to Participate in the Public Meeting Please contact Xenia Lovett, Assistant to the Superintendent, at (760) 246-8691 at least forty-eight hours before the meeting date to request: (a) a disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (28 CFR 34.102.104 ADA Title II), and/or (b) courtesy translation services from/to Spanish.
Thank you for your interest in speaking at the next Adelanto Elementary School District Board of Education meeting! Feedback from our District families, staff and teachers is vital to improving our schools. This form must be filled out if you wish to speak. You may submit a request to speak until the closing of the public hearing. The Board of Trustees does not recognize other methods of asking to be called upon, such as the Zoom "Raise Hand" function. Each public hearing comment speaker will receive up to three (3) minutes to speak. Each public hearing topic will have a maximum of one hour discussion time.
Please note the change in public hearing practice due to the pandemic and move to virtual meetings. Pre-pandemic, in order to be recognized by the Board of Trustees during public comment periods, a person had to complete the public hearing request form before 5:00 PM the day of the meeting.
Governor's Executive Order AB 361 has temporarily allowed for changes to the Brown Act. AB 361 provides local legislative bodies with the continued flexibility to meet remotely without adhering to all the Brown Act’s teleconferencing rules during a proclaimed state of emergency, but with the following key limitations: (1) public comment must be allowed in real-time; and (2) if there are technological issues, the meeting must be stopped and no vote or other official action can be taken until the public can once again participate in the proceedings.
- AESD Speaker Request Form
- During the Public Comment period, the Superintendent will let the Board President know who is requesting to speak. Once approved by the Board President, you will have your normal 3 minutes to speak.