Gus Franklin Jr. STEM Academy is enrolling now for the 2021-22 school year. GFJ offers the nationally-recognized program, Project Lead The Way (PLTW), providing access to science, technology, engineering and mathematics curriculum. Your K-5 students already have the qualities of great designers and innovators. What PLTW does is tap into their exploratory nature, engage them in learning that feels like play, and encourage them to keep discovering – now and for years to come. Gus Franklin Jr. creates an engaging, hands-on classroom environment and empower students to develop in-demand knowledge and skills they need to thrive. Gus Franklin Jr. has a designated engineering classroom, science classroom and two Edge classrooms that provide flexible seating arrangements to create a better team work environment. All teachers are trained PLTW instructors.
A few of the hands-on challenges PLTW students engage in:
- Designing a robot that delivers supplies at a hospital
- Constructing a rescue method for a trapped zoo animal
- Proposing methods to prevent the spread of illnesses
- Designing and developing a tablet game
- Creating a video or podcast to teach others about concussions
Just imagine what your child can do.